Easy Chicken Pot Pie
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup cooked chicken, diced
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
1 cup Bisquick mix (which is not something I buy; see below for the substitute recipe)*
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix vegetables, chicken and soup in baking dish of your choice (I usually use a 9*9 Pyrex).
- Combine Bisquick, milk, and egg; spread evenly over the top of vegetables/chicken/soup mixture in baking dish.
- Bake until crust is golden brown (approx. 30 minutes)
*Substitute for Bisquick mix
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp shortening
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut shortening into dry mixture. Then use in place of Bisquick mix as above.