This was introduced to Thomas by a missionary roommate and adapted to U.S. specifications. It's been much enjoyed by many a person, but the most devout connoisseur would be my brother-in-law, Saki (blog).
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C oil
2 C flour
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
3 C shredded carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- Mix sugar, oil, and eggs together.
- Add dry ingredients and then carrots.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 350°F.
1/2 C soft butter
8 oz. cream cheese
2 C powdered sugar
- Beat soft (but not melted) butter and cream cheese together.
- Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Chill the tempting delicacy in the fridge.
|David G., Lisa's friend's husband (the couple with which we had dinner a couple weeks ago) enjoying our carrot cake|