I got this recipe from a packet of recipe cards I received in the mail. I like the texture and the toned-down sweetness.
"Secret Recipe" Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup rolled oats (regular or quick)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put oats in a food-processor, chopper, or blender. Process until finely ground. You will basically end up with an oat flour.
- Combine list items from oats to cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter (softened) through eggs. Beat until fluffy with a hand mixer.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients, blending well. Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop out small portions onto baking sheet. We lightly greased ours; the original recipe suggests using parchment paper. The original recipe also calls for making each cookie from 1/4 cup dough; I used less.
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned. Makes about 45 cookies. Enjoy!