Ingredients for Brownie portion
1/2 c oil
1 c sugar
1 tsp (+) vanilla extract
1/2 c flour
1/3 c cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Ingredients for Cheesecake portion
8 oz cream cheese (preferably at room temperature)
1/3 c sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- Mix together oil, 1 c sugar, and vanilla (from Brownie portion above). Beat in 2 eggs. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir into wet ingredients until just blended.
- Spread brownie mixture into 9x13" baking dish.
- Use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese, 1 egg, and 1/3 c sugar (from Cheesecake portion above) in a separate dish.
- Scoop out cheesecake mixture on top of brownie batter in baking dish. Use a spatula to spread evenly across the top of brownie batter. Then, use a knife to swirl some chocolate into the cheesecake.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes. Use toothpick to test for doneness. I think I cooked mine for about this long, but my brownies were gooey. Your oven may bake differently than mine, though, so it is a good idea to check on your brownies at this time.
- Let cool; cut into bars (ca. 12) to serve.