1/2 c heavy cream
1/3 c sugar
6 T butter
1 c chocolate chips
1 t vanilla
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring just to a boil, then remove from heat. Immediately add chocolate chips.
- Stir until chocolate chips are melted; add vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl. Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Cover & chill concoction in the fridge for several hours, until it becomes more set but is still soft (you really don't want it to set completely - it makes it a challenge and a half to perform the next step, so only make this recipe if you know you will be able to get back to it within say 3 hours).
- Form mixture into small (1") balls. I find it is easiest to use two small spoons. Drop into a bowl of cocoa powder and coat well - for a twist, add cinnamon. You can also roll these in chopped nuts of your choice.
- Enjoy! They will remain relatively soft, so it is best to store them in the fridge. You can find small foil candy holders (see below) and gift boxes at your local craft store.
|(Like Thomas' plate? He made it as a young child. We're not sure if those are flowers or Ts...)|