Breaded Baked Chicken Breasts
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or other chicken parts of your choice), thawed with fat etc. removed
about 1/2 cup bread crumbs (we used Italian-seasoned)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1-2 eggs, beaten
a little bit of butter
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs in a second shallow bowl.
- Once your chicken breasts are prepared as indicated above, dip them individually, first into the eggs, then into the bread crumb mixture. Once coated, repeat.
- Place into small, lightly greased baking dish. For 2-3 chicken breasts, I use a glass loaf pan.
- Put a little bit of butter on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake at 350° for an hour, until juices run clear/chicken is no longer pinkish/translucent inside.
- Serve chicken on its own with a healthy side (we chose green beans) or topped with your favorite marinara sauce. The first time I made this I had some leftover homemade marinara sauce that complimented the breaded chicken very well.