This time, we may have gone over the top. Just keep in mind that the Bacon Explosion was somebody else's creation! :o) And don't worry... we kept it a balanced meal. Scroll down for the Strawberry & Spinach Salad.
2 lbs bacon strips
2 lbs Italian sausage
See the Bacon Explosion website for more detailed directions.
- Weave about half of the bacon together on a baking dish.
- Add any spices you want to add.
- Spread sausage over bacon mat.
- Cook the rest of the bacon to your liking. Crumble it up and put it on top of the sausage.
- Add barbecue sauce.
- Roll up the sausage with the bacon pieces inside.
- Conclude assembly by rolling up bacon weave around sausage creation.
- Now, you can either barbecue this as suggested in their website, or you can bake it like we did. We set the oven at around 250 degrees (F) and let it cook for about 2 hours.
Strawberry & Spinach Salad
1 bunch of spinach
1 pound of strawberries
about 1/2 cup walnuts
about 2-3 Tablespoons sugar
salad dressing of your choice - we used Brianna's poppyseed dressing but this would be great with a vinaigrette.
- Rinse spinach and take stems off. Keep the leaves; dry them and place them in your salad bowl.
- Rinse strawberries. Remove leaves and slice.
- Chop/crush walnuts. You'll want them to be in small pieces. They garnish this salad.
- Heat sugar in small sauce pan. Once it is liquid, QUICKLY add walnuts, stirring, and remove from heat. Now you have caramelized walnuts.
- Add strawberry slices and caramelized walnuts to spinach. Dress with dressing of your choice. Enjoy!
We devoured our Bacon Explosion with the Strawberry & Spinach salad and some mashed potatoes to make it a balanced meal.
Our nieces, Lydia and Ruby, really loved this dinner!