The process is fairly simple and the result is delicious. If you're at all curious, try it out. You'll like it!
a few strips of bacon
the same number of eggs
some cooking spray
a muffin pan
- Start by frying your bacon. You'll want to cook it pretty thoroughly, but not to the point that it becomes crispy - it has to maintain some flexibility to fit into the muffin pan.
- Preheat your oven to 375* F. Spray the muffin pan with some cooking spray.
- Once your bacon is ready, drain it for a moment on some paper towels and let it cool until you can handle it without burning your fingers.
- Use one slice of bacon per muffin well (you don't need to fill the whole pan) and arrange it so it follows the circumference of the well.
- Crack an egg into each well that has a slice of bacon around it.
- Put your pan into the oven; it takes about 15 to 20 minutes for them to be ready. Take them out when the egg white is no longer clear and the yolk is to your liking.
- Enjoy! I found it easiest to eat them with my hands. Well, I used my hands to bring them to my mouth, that is.
(don't forget to make your meal well-balanced - we had a bagel and some fruit cocktail and a glass of milk with our bacon-wrapped eggs!)