We are about to share with you the recipe for one of our favorite treats. It is easy, intriguing, and delicious. After reading this, you may want to make some just to know for yourself. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Chocolate Pudding Cake (serves 4)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350* F. Combine the first group of ingredients (flour through vanilla) and mix well. You may want to combine the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients.
- Spread this batter into a baking dish (ungreased). A 9*9 works pretty well; we doubled the recipe and used a 9*12. It's sticky, but try to get it to cover the bottom of your chosen dish.
- In another bowl, combine the other ingredients (sugar through water). Pour this over the cake batter; take note that your cake batter is on the bottom, and the pudding is on the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (you can use a toothpick to test for doneness).
- When you take it out, notice that *magically* your cake is on the TOP and your pudding is on the BOTTOM! WHAT?! Yes. It is true.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve. It's better with ice cream!!
(dry cake ingredients)
(dry pudding ingredients)
(everything in the pan)
(right out of the oven in all its glory!)
(behold the magic...)
(complete with ice cream and some dark chocolate candy pieces...)
It really is delicious - but we hope you don't take our word for it!