Homemade Egg Rolls (makes 24)
2 C flour
1/2 C ice water
- Pour flour into a bowl.
- Beat egg and salt in a second bowl. Mix 1/4 C ice water into egg mixture.
- Add egg mixture to flour along with the remainder of ice water. Mix thoroughly.
- Knead dough for about 5 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Cover the dough and let sit for 30 minutes (you can work on the egg roll innards while waiting).
- Knead the dough briefly, then divide into 24 equal parts.
- Roll each part into 3 to 4 inch squares.
- Stack them with a thin dusting of cornstarch between to prevent them from sticking.
24 egg roll wrappers
1/2 head of cabbage, in small pieces
10-15 baby carrots, grated
2 chicken breasts, diced
- Fry chicken in oil along with pepper, salt, garlic powder, ginger, and soy sauce.
- Mix the cabbage and carrots in a bowl.
- Lay out wrapper. Fill it with about two spoons of vegetables and a few pieces of chicken, then wrap it up.
- Fry each egg roll in oil, using tongs to turn and remove them as they begin to brown. Don't cook them beyond a golden brown.
- Cook rice as normal.
- Begin to fry rice. Add copious amounts of soy sauce.
- Mix in eggs and peas.
- Let simmer for a few minutes.
There you have it: a simple yet delightful meal. Bon appetit!