French Onion Soup, of course!
French Onion Soup
1 packet onion soup mix
1 loaf French bread, sliced
Swiss cheese, sliced, enough to cover the slices of French bread you plan to eat (or, if you can find it, use French Gruyère cheese)
- Prepare onion soup as directed on package.
- Slice French bread into thick slices that will fit into the bowls you are planning to eat from.
- Put bread slices on a baking sheet and place in the oven at about 350°F for about 10 minutes, or until hot.
- Place bread into bowls. Lay cheese slices on top.
- Pour HOT soup over bread and cheese. The cheese will melt (in theory).
- Serve soup by itself for a light but filling meal, or enjoy as an appetizer with your favorite French entrée.
|French bread ready to go into the oven... with some garlic bread in the back, too|
|Walmart brand even makes onion soup mix!|
|French bread with Swiss cheese|
|Pouring soup over bread & cheese|
|Cheese, melted onto bread|