This Chicken Broccoli Casserole has a rich, creamy sauce that is a great compliment to the broccoli, especially. Take this to a potluck or serve it up at home as a meal all by itself. My bet is, even picky eaters will like it!
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
frozen broccoli (1-2 small packages, depending on the size of your baking dish)
either 2 cans cooked chicken OR 4-6 chicken breasts (again, dependent on the size of your baking dish)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- If you are using chicken breasts, cook by boiling. Then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Defrost the broccoli you will be using in the microwave. Add a little bit of water, but do not fully cook it. The idea is to remove the ice.
- Make the sauce by combining the cream of chicken soup (we had a larger-than-normal can, so we just used one), evaporated milk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder. Whisk until the ingredients are mixed well.
- Begin layering your ingredients in a casserole dish or other baking dish. Start with broccoli, then add chicken, then pour on a layer of sauce. Keep adding layers until you run out of room or ingredients.
- Bake your casserole for about 45 minutes, or until it starts to brown slightly.
- Let cool and enjoy!
|boiling chicken breasts|
|broccoli, thawed in the microwave|
|sauce ingredients, about to be combined|
|sauce, whisked until adequately combined|
|chicken breasts, chopped, and broccoli being layered in baking dish|
|ready for the oven!|
|ready to eat!|