Last summer, while traveling with Thomas, we made a dish I fell in love with while we were in Southern California visiting his sister.
We made it again this past Monday... enjoy!
1/2 c butter
3/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 3/4 c flour
1) soften butter. Cream together with sugar and egg.
2) add other ingredients. Mix well.
3) roll out to desired shape and place on baking dish of your choice
4) bake for 10 minutes at 350* F. (We used our pizza stone and the crust stuck to it pretty badly; you might try greasing your baking dish!)
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c sugar
2 Tbsp pineapple juice (from can used in topping below) and/or 1 Tbsp vanilla (optional)
1) whisk all ingredients together. This will work best if the cream cheese is allowed to sit out for a while on the counter till soft
2) spread onto "Pizza Crust" after it has cooled down (otherwise it will drip off...!)
Fruit Pizza Toppings:
sliced bananas (one for one pizza)
sliced kiwi (we used 2)
pineapple (most of a can)
Other ideas: berries, mandarin orange slices, grapes, peaches, ....
1) slice into bite-sized pieces
2) arrange on your fruit pizza
Fruit Pizza Glaze:
Juice from 20-oz can of pineapple
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1) cook on stovetop until clear; stir often
2) cool slightly and drizzle over fruit on fruit pizza